N.R.S. 293.840 - Civil penalty
Overview of Statute
This section provides for civil penalties for election law violations.
1. In addition to any criminal penalty, a person who violates the provisions of this chapter is subject to a civil penalty in an amount not to exceed $20,000 for each violation. This penalty must be recovered in a civil action brought in the name of the State of Nevada by the Attorney General or by any district attorney in a court of competent jurisdiction.
2. Any civil penalty collected pursuant to this section must be deposited by the collecting agency for credit to the State General Fund in the bank designated by the State Treasurer.
1. Definition for State
A state of the United States, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, the United States Virgin Islands or any territory or insular possession subject to the jurisdiction of the United States.
See Nev. Rev. Stat. § 293D.080.
2. Definition for Person
1. A natural person;
2. Any form of business or social organization;
3. Any nongovernmental legal entity, including, without limitation, a corporation, partnership, association, trust, unincorporated organization, labor union, committee for political action, political party and committee sponsored by a political party; or
4. A government, governmental agency or political subdivision of a government.
See Nev. Rev. Stat. § 294A.009.