N.R.S. 293.730 - Interfering with conduct of election; unauthorized delivery, receipt, identification, display or removal of ballot
Overview of Statute
This section prohibits the interference with a conduct of election.
1. A person shall not:
(a) Remain in or outside of any polling place so as to interfere with the conduct of the election.
(b) Except an election board officer, receive from any voter a ballot prepared by the voter.
(c) Remove a ballot from any polling place before the closing of the polls.
(d) Apply for or receive a ballot at any election precinct or district other than one at which the person is entitled to vote.
(e) Show his or her ballot to any person, after voting, so as to reveal any of the names voted for.
(f) Inside a polling place, ask another person for whom he or she intends to vote.
(g) Except an election board officer, deliver a ballot to a voter.
(h) Except an election board officer in the course of the election board officer’s official duties, inside a polling place, ask another person his or her name, address or political affiliation.
2. A voter shall not:
(a) Receive a ballot from any person other than an election board officer.
(b) Deliver to an election board or to any member thereof any ballot other than the one received.
(c) Place any mark upon his or her ballot by which it may afterward be identified as the one voted by the person.
3. Any person who violates any provision of this section is guilty of a category E felony and shall be punished as provided in NRS 193.130.
1. Definition for Election board
The persons appointed by each county or city clerk to assist in the conduct of an election.
See Nev. Rev. Stat. § 293B.027.
2. Definition for Election board officer
A person appointed to assist in the conduct of an election.
See Nev. Rev. Stat. § 293.050.
4. Definition for Ballot
The record of a voter’s preference of candidates and questions voted upon at an election. The term includes, without limitation, any paper given to a voter upon which the voter places his or her vote and any electronic storage tapes.
See Nev. Rev. Stat. § 293.025.
5. Definition for Person
1. A natural person;
2. Any form of business or social organization;
3. Any nongovernmental legal entity, including, without limitation, a corporation, partnership, association, trust, unincorporated organization, labor union, committee for political action, political party and committee sponsored by a political party; or
4. A government, governmental agency or political subdivision of a government.
See Nev. Rev. Stat. § 294A.009.
6. Definition for Precinct
The smallest voting area in a political subdivision.
See Nev. Rev. Stat. § 293.077.