N.R.S. 293.562 – Notices from nongovernmental entities must indicate that such notices are not official elections mail
Overview of Statute
This section imposes a duty on nongovernmental entities that contact voters about their registration status to indicate the fact that they are not the Secretary of State.
Any nongovernmental entity that sends a notice to a person:
1. Indicating that the person is not or may not be registered to vote in this State; or
2. Requesting that the person register to vote in this State,
must indicate clearly on the notice that it is not official elections mail from the Secretary of State or a county or city clerk.
(Added to NRS by 2017, 3329)
1. Definition for Mail
The depositing of printed or written matter in a mailbox or post office for delivery by the United States Postal Service.
See Nev. Rev. Stat. § 293.065.
2. Definition for Clerk
The election board officer designated or assigned to make the record of the election in the roster, tally list and challenge list in the precinct, district or polling place in which such officer is appointed.
See Nev. Rev. Stat. § 293.040.
3. Definition for State
A state of the United States, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, the United States Virgin Islands or any territory or insular possession subject to the jurisdiction of the United States.
See Nev. Rev. Stat. § 293D.080.
4. Definition for Person
1. A natural person;
2. Any form of business or social organization;
3. Any nongovernmental legal entity, including, without limitation, a corporation, partnership, association, trust, unincorporated organization, labor union, committee for political action, political party and committee sponsored by a political party; or
4. A government, governmental agency or political subdivision of a government.
See Nev. Rev. Stat. § 294A.009.