N.R.S. 293.548 - Withdrawal of written challenge or affidavit
Overview of Statute
This section provides for the withdrawal of written challenges.
1. A person who files a written challenge pursuant to NRS 293.547 or an affidavit pursuant to NRS 293.535 may withdraw the challenge or affidavit not later than the 25th day before the date of the election, by submitting a written request to the county clerk. Upon receipt of the request, the county clerk shall:
(a) Remove the challenge or affidavit from the registrar of voters’ register, any roster and any other record in which the challenge or affidavit has been filed or entered;
(b) If a notice of the challenge or affidavit has been mailed to the person who is the subject of the challenge or affidavit, mail a notice and a copy of the request to withdraw to that person; and
(c) If a notice of the challenge has been mailed to the district attorney, mail a notice and a copy of the request to withdraw to the district attorney.
2. If the county clerk receives a request to withdraw pursuant to subsection 1, the county clerk shall withdraw the person’s challenge or affidavit.
1. Definition for County clerk
2. Definition for Mail
The depositing of printed or written matter in a mailbox or post office for delivery by the United States Postal Service.
See Nev. Rev. Stat. § 293.065.
3. Definition for Clerk
The election board officer designated or assigned to make the record of the election in the roster, tally list and challenge list in the precinct, district or polling place in which such officer is appointed.
See Nev. Rev. Stat. § 293.040.
4. Definition for Roster
The record in printed or electronic form furnished to election board officers which contains a list of eligible voters and is to be used for obtaining the signature of each person applying for a ballot.
See Nev. Rev. Stat. § 293.095.
5. Definition for Person
1. A natural person;
2. Any form of business or social organization;
3. Any nongovernmental legal entity, including, without limitation, a corporation, partnership, association, trust, unincorporated organization, labor union, committee for political action, political party and committee sponsored by a political party; or
4. A government, governmental agency or political subdivision of a government.
See Nev. Rev. Stat. § 294A.009.