N.R.S. 293.5057 - Nonresidents may preregister or register to vote for office of President and Vice President under certain circumstances
Overview of Statute
This section provides for the registration of a nonresident to vote for the office of President or Vice President.
A person who does not maintain a residence in this State may preregister or register to vote for the office of President and Vice President of the United States if the person files a sworn statement with the county clerk or field registrar of voters that the person is not preregistered or registered to vote in any other state and provides evidence:
1. Of his or her domicile in this State in accordance with the provisions of NRS 41.191;
2. That he or she maintains an account at a financial institution located in this State; or
3. That his or her motor vehicle is registered in this State.
1. Definition for County clerk
2. Definition for Clerk
The election board officer designated or assigned to make the record of the election in the roster, tally list and challenge list in the precinct, district or polling place in which such officer is appointed.
See Nev. Rev. Stat. § 293.040.
3. Definition for State
A state of the United States, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, the United States Virgin Islands or any territory or insular possession subject to the jurisdiction of the United States.
See Nev. Rev. Stat. § 293D.080.
4. Definition for Person
1. A natural person;
2. Any form of business or social organization;
3. Any nongovernmental legal entity, including, without limitation, a corporation, partnership, association, trust, unincorporated organization, labor union, committee for political action, political party and committee sponsored by a political party; or
4. A government, governmental agency or political subdivision of a government.
See Nev. Rev. Stat. § 294A.009.