N.R.S. 293.5035 - Designation by county clerk of building owned or leased by county as county facility at which electors may register to vote
Overview of Statute
This section provides for the designation by county clerk of building owned or leased by counties as county facilities at which electors may register to vote.
1. The county clerk may designate any building owned or leased by the county, or any portion of such a building, as a county facility at which persons may preregister to vote and electors may register to vote.
2. A county facility designated pursuant to subsection 1 must be operated as an auxiliary county facility at which preregistration and registration are carried out in addition to being carried out at the office of the county clerk.
3. If the county clerk designates a county facility pursuant to subsection 1, the county clerk shall determine the hours of operation for the facility and shall, in cooperation with the Secretary of State, ensure that the facility is operated, staffed and equipped in compliance with all applicable provisions of this title and all other applicable provisions of state and federal law relating to the preregistration of persons and the registration of electors in this State.
1. Definition for County clerk
2. Definition for Clerk
The election board officer designated or assigned to make the record of the election in the roster, tally list and challenge list in the precinct, district or polling place in which such officer is appointed.
See Nev. Rev. Stat. § 293.040.
3. Definition for State
A state of the United States, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, the United States Virgin Islands or any territory or insular possession subject to the jurisdiction of the United States.
See Nev. Rev. Stat. § 293D.080.
4. Definition for Person
1. A natural person;
2. Any form of business or social organization;
3. Any nongovernmental legal entity, including, without limitation, a corporation, partnership, association, trust, unincorporated organization, labor union, committee for political action, political party and committee sponsored by a political party; or
4. A government, governmental agency or political subdivision of a government.
See Nev. Rev. Stat. § 294A.009.
5. Definition for Elector
A person who is eligible to vote under the provisions of Section 1 of Article 2 of the Constitution of the State of Nevada.
See Nev. Rev. Stat. § 293.055.