N.R.S. 293C.307 – Request and receipt of absent ballot allows voting only by absent ballot; exception; city clerk to notify election board if absent ballot issued
Overview of Statute
This section requires registered voters who have requested an absent voting ballot to vote via said absentee ballot for that election.
1. Except as otherwise provided in NRS 293C.330, a registered voter who requests and receives an absent voter’s ballot may vote only by absent ballot at the election for which the absent ballot was issued.
2. If a registered voter has requested an absent ballot and the ballot has been mailed or issued, the city clerk shall notify the appropriate election board that the registered voter has requested an absent ballot.
1. Definition for Absent voter
A registered voter who has received or who has voted an absent ballot.
See Nev. Rev. Stat. § 293.015.
2. Definition for Absent ballot
A ballot voted by a person who expects to be or is absent from the polling place for his or her precinct or district on election day.
See Nev. Rev. Stat. § 293.013.
3. Definition for Election board
The persons appointed by each county or city clerk to assist in the conduct of an election.
See Nev. Rev. Stat. § 293B.027.
4. Definition for Registered voter
An elector who has completed the procedure prescribed by law for registration as a voter.
See Nev. Rev. Stat. § 293.090.
5. Definition for Mail
The depositing of printed or written matter in a mailbox or post office for delivery by the United States Postal Service.
See Nev. Rev. Stat. § 293.065.
6. Definition for Clerk
The election board officer designated or assigned to make the record of the election in the roster, tally list and challenge list in the precinct, district or polling place in which such officer is appointed.
See Nev. Rev. Stat. § 293.040.
8. Definition for Ballot
The record of a voter’s preference of candidates and questions voted upon at an election. The term includes, without limitation, any paper given to a voter upon which the voter places his or her vote and any electronic storage tapes.
See Nev. Rev. Stat. § 293.025.