N.R.S. 293B.070 – Full choice of candidates and measures
Overview of Statute
This section requires mechanical voting equipment to facilitate as many nominees or measures as necessary.
A mechanical voting system must provide facilities for voting for the candidates of as many political parties or organizations as may make nominations, and for or against measures.
1. Definition for Mechanical voting system
A system of voting whereby a voter may cast a vote:
1. On a device which mechanically or electronically compiles a total of the number of votes cast for each candidate and for or against each measure voted on; or
2. By marking a paper ballot which is subsequently counted on an electronic tabulator, counting device or computer.
See Nev. Rev. Stat. § 293.0659.
2. Definition for Candidate
1. Who files a declaration of candidacy;
2. Who files an acceptance of candidacy;
3. Whose name appears on an official ballot at any election; or
4. Who has received one or more contributions in excess of $100, regardless of whether:
(a) The person has filed a declaration of candidacy or an acceptance of candidacy; or
(b) The name of the person appears on an official ballot at any election.
See Nev. Rev. Stat. § 294A.005.