N.R.S. 304.080 – Copies of maps of congressional districts: Duties of Secretary of State
Overview of Statute
This section requires the Secretary of State to provide each county and anyone interested a copy of the congressional district map.
The Secretary of State shall:
1. Provide to the clerk of each county and the clerk of Carson City, copies of the maps filed pursuant to subsection 3 of NRS 304.070.
2. Make available copies of the maps to any interested person for a reasonable fee, not to exceed the actual costs of producing copies of the maps.
(Added to NRS by 1991, 1046)
1. Definition for Clerk
The election board officer designated or assigned to make the record of the election in the roster, tally list and challenge list in the precinct, district or polling place in which such officer is appointed.
See Nev. Rev. Stat. § 293.040.
2. Definition for State
A state of the United States, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, the United States Virgin Islands or any territory or insular possession subject to the jurisdiction of the United States.
See Nev. Rev. Stat. § 293D.080.
3. Definition for Person
1. A natural person;
2. Any form of business or social organization;
3. Any nongovernmental legal entity, including, without limitation, a corporation, partnership, association, trust, unincorporated organization, labor union, committee for political action, political party and committee sponsored by a political party; or
4. A government, governmental agency or political subdivision of a government.
See Nev. Rev. Stat. § 294A.009.
Appendix: Judicially Approved Congressional Districts Based on 2010 Census
Effective January 1, 2012, for the limited purposes of filing for office and for nominating and electing Representatives in the Congress of the United States and at 9:00 a.m. on January 3, 2013, for all other purposes and effective until the Legislature takes further action regarding apportionment of the Congressional Districts. This Appendix reproduces verbatim the relevant portions of the Order Adopting and Approving Special Masters’ Report and Redistricting Maps as Modified by the Court, Guy v. Miller, Case No. 11 OC 00042 1B (Nev. First Jud. Dist. Ct. Oct. 27, 2011) and Addendum to October 27, 2011 Order Adopting and Approving Special Masters’ Report and Redistricting Maps as Modified by the Court, Guy v. Miller, Case No. 11 OC 00042 1B (Nev. First Jud. Dist. Ct. Dec. 8, 2011).
Order Adopting and Approving Special Masters' Report and Redistricting Maps as Modified by the Court: Order on October 27, 2011 & Relevant Census Tracts (Guy v. Miller)
Addendum to October 27, 2011 Order: Addendum to October 27, 2011 Order (Guy v. Miller)