N.R.S. 293C.304 – “Sufficient written notice” defined
Overview of Statute
This section defines “sufficient written notice.”
As used in NRS 293C.304 to 293C.340, inclusive, “sufficient written notice” means a:
1. Written request for an absent ballot that is signed by the registered voter and returned to the city clerk in person or by approved electronic transmission;
2. Form prescribed by the Secretary of State that is completed and signed by the registered voter and returned to the city clerk in person or by mail or facsimile machine; or
3. Form provided by the Federal Government.
(Added to NRS by 2017, 1364)
1. Definition for Absent ballot
A ballot voted by a person who expects to be or is absent from the polling place for his or her precinct or district on election day.
See Nev. Rev. Stat. § 293.013.
2. Definition for Registered voter
An elector who has completed the procedure prescribed by law for registration as a voter.
See Nev. Rev. Stat. § 293.090.
3. Definition for Facsimile machine
A device that sends or receives a reproduction or facsimile of a document or photograph which is transmitted electronically or telephonically by telecommunications lines.
See Nev. Rev. Stat. § 293.056.
4. Definition for Approved electronic transmission
The sending of information by facsimile machine or by use of the Internet pursuant to the acceptable standards set forth by regulations of the Secretary of State adopted pursuant to NRS 293.247.
See Nev. Rev. Stat. § 293.019.
5. Definition for Mail
The depositing of printed or written matter in a mailbox or post office for delivery by the United States Postal Service.
See Nev. Rev. Stat. § 293.065.
6. Definition for Clerk
The election board officer designated or assigned to make the record of the election in the roster, tally list and challenge list in the precinct, district or polling place in which such officer is appointed.
See Nev. Rev. Stat. § 293.040.
7. Definition for State
A state of the United States, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, the United States Virgin Islands or any territory or insular possession subject to the jurisdiction of the United States.
See Nev. Rev. Stat. § 293D.080.
8. Definition for Ballot
The record of a voter’s preference of candidates and questions voted upon at an election. The term includes, without limitation, any paper given to a voter upon which the voter places his or her vote and any electronic storage tapes.
See Nev. Rev. Stat. § 293.025.
9. Definition for Person
1. A natural person;
2. Any form of business or social organization;
3. Any nongovernmental legal entity, including, without limitation, a corporation, partnership, association, trust, unincorporated organization, labor union, committee for political action, political party and committee sponsored by a political party; or
4. A government, governmental agency or political subdivision of a government.
See Nev. Rev. Stat. § 294A.009.