N.R.S. 293.186 - Candidates for public office to receive form or access to electronic form for making financial disclosure statement and related instructions
Overview of Statute
This section requires the Secretary of State or the appropriate official to provide candidates with a form or access to the electronic form for making financial disclosures.
The Secretary of State and each county clerk, or the registrar of voters of the county if one was appointed pursuant to NRS 244.164, or city clerk who receives from a candidate for public office a declaration of candidacy shall give to the candidate:
1. If the candidate is a candidate for judicial office, the form prescribed by the Administrative Office of the Courts for the making of a financial disclosure statement;
2. If the candidate is not a candidate for judicial office and is required to file electronically the financial disclosure statement, access to the electronic form prescribed by the Secretary of State; or
3. If the candidate is not a candidate for judicial office, is required to submit the financial disclosure statement electronically and has submitted an affidavit to the Secretary of State pursuant to NRS 281.572, the form prescribed by the Secretary of State,
accompanied by instructions on how to complete the form and the time by which it must be filed.
1. Definition for County clerk
2. Definition for Judicial office
The office filled by any judicial officer.
See Nev. Rev. Stat. § 293.064.
3. Definition for Clerk
The election board officer designated or assigned to make the record of the election in the roster, tally list and challenge list in the precinct, district or polling place in which such officer is appointed.
See Nev. Rev. Stat. § 293.040.
4. Definition for State
A state of the United States, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, the United States Virgin Islands or any territory or insular possession subject to the jurisdiction of the United States.
See Nev. Rev. Stat. § 293D.080.
5. Definition for Candidate
1. Who files a declaration of candidacy;
2. Who files an acceptance of candidacy;
3. Whose name appears on an official ballot at any election; or
4. Who has received one or more contributions in excess of $100, regardless of whether:
(a) The person has filed a declaration of candidacy or an acceptance of candidacy; or
(b) The name of the person appears on an official ballot at any election.
See Nev. Rev. Stat. § 294A.005.