§ 97.071 Voter information card.
Overview of Statute
This statute states that all registered voters are to receive voter information cards. It then provides the information that is to be included on the voter information cards.
(1) A voter information card shall be furnished by the supervisor to all registered voters residing in the supervisor’s county. The card must contain:
(a) Voter’s registration number.
(b) Date of registration.
(c) Full name.
(d) Party affiliation.
(e) Date of birth.
(f) Address of legal residence.
(g) Precinct number.
(h) Polling place address.
(i) Name of supervisor and contact information of supervisor.
(j) Other information deemed necessary by the supervisor.
(2) A voter may receive a replacement voter information card by providing a signed, written request for a replacement card to a voter registration official. Upon verification of registration, the supervisor shall issue the voter a duplicate card without charge.
s. 13, ch. 3879, 1889; RS 167; s. 15, ch. 4328, 1895; GS 191, 192; RGS 235, 236; CGL 288, 289; s. 4, ch. 24203, 1947; s. 11, ch. 25035, 1949; s. 1, ch. 26870, 1951; s. 10, ch. 27991, 1953; s. 6, ch. 65-60; s. 8, ch. 69-377; ss. 10, 35, ch. 69-106; s. 18, ch. 94-224; s. 28, ch. 97-13; s. 7, ch. 98-129; s. 2, ch. 2000-250; s. 4, ch. 2002-189; s. 8, ch. 2005-277; s. 12, ch. 2005-278; s. 4, ch. 2005-286; s. 5, ch. 2011-40.
1. Definition for Supervisor
The supervisor of elections. Fla. Stat. § 97.021(36).
2. Definition for Polling Place
The building which contains the polling room where ballots are cast. Fla. Stat. § 97.021(27).
3. Definition for Voter Registration Official
Any supervisor of elections or individual authorized by the Secretary of State to accept voter registration applications and execute updates to the statewide voter registration system. Fla. Stat. § 97.021(43).
4. Definition for Issue
A proposition that is required by the State Constitution, by law or resolution of the Legislature, or by the charter, ordinance, or resolution of a political subdivision of this state to be submitted to the electors for their approval or rejection at an election, or a proposition for which a petition is circulated in order to have such proposition placed on the ballot at an election. Fla. Stat. § 106.011(13).
Regulations & Guidance
Fla. Jur. 2d Elections s 61, Voter information cards
Fla. Jur. 2d Elections s 74, Members