N.R.S. 293.370 - Procedure for completion of tally lists
Overview of Statute
This section provides the procedure for completing tally lists.
When all the votes have been counted, the counting board officers shall produce a tally list organized by precinct and ballot type indicating the number of votes that each candidate received. The votes for and against any question submitted to the electors must be entered in the same manner.
1. Definition for Tally list
1. The paper form furnished to election board officers to be used in recording the number of votes cast for each candidate and question on the ballot; or
2. An electronically generated report of the number of votes cast for each candidate and question on the ballot.
See Nev. Rev. Stat. § 293.113.
3. Definition for Ballot
The record of a voter’s preference of candidates and questions voted upon at an election. The term includes, without limitation, any paper given to a voter upon which the voter places his or her vote and any electronic storage tapes.
See Nev. Rev. Stat. § 293.025.
4. Definition for Elector
A person who is eligible to vote under the provisions of Section 1 of Article 2 of the Constitution of the State of Nevada.
See Nev. Rev. Stat. § 293.055.
5. Definition for Precinct
The smallest voting area in a political subdivision.
See Nev. Rev. Stat. § 293.077.
6. Definition for Candidate
1. Who files a declaration of candidacy;
2. Who files an acceptance of candidacy;
3. Whose name appears on an official ballot at any election; or
4. Who has received one or more contributions in excess of $100, regardless of whether:
(a) The person has filed a declaration of candidacy or an acceptance of candidacy; or
(b) The name of the person appears on an official ballot at any election.
See Nev. Rev. Stat. § 294A.005.