N.R.S. 295.250 - Determination of total number of signatures
Overview of Statute
This section provides for the determination of total number of signatures for certain ballot questions.
1. Upon submission of a petition containing signatures that are required to be verified pursuant to NRS 295.095, 295.140 or 295.205, the county or city clerk shall determine the total number of signatures on the petition.
2. If the county or city clerk finds that the total number of signatures on the petition is:
(a) One hundred percent or more of the required number of signatures of registered voters, the county or city clerk shall examine the signatures for verification as provided in NRS 295.260.
(b) Less than 100 percent of the required number of signatures of registered voters:
(1) The petition shall be deemed insufficient; and
(2) The county or city clerk shall not examine the signatures for verification as provided in NRS 295.260.
(Added to NRS by 2001, 2962)
1. Definition for Registered voter
An elector who has completed the procedure prescribed by law for registration as a voter.
See Nev. Rev. Stat. § 293.090.
2. Definition for Clerk
The election board officer designated or assigned to make the record of the election in the roster, tally list and challenge list in the precinct, district or polling place in which such officer is appointed.
See Nev. Rev. Stat. § 293.040.