N.R.S. 294A.0075 - “Expenditures” defined
Overview of Statute
This section defines “expenditures.”
1. Money paid for advertising or communication on television, radio, billboards or posters, in newspapers or other periodicals or by mail; and
2. All other money paid,
Ê to advocate expressly the election or defeat of a clearly identified candidate or group of candidates or the passage or defeat of a clearly identified question or group of questions on the ballot, including any payments made to a candidate or any person who is related to the candidate within the second degree of consanguinity or affinity.
1. Definition for Mail
The depositing of printed or written matter in a mailbox or post office for delivery by the United States Postal Service.
See Nev. Rev. Stat. § 293.065.
2. Definition for Ballot
The record of a voter’s preference of candidates and questions voted upon at an election. The term includes, without limitation, any paper given to a voter upon which the voter places his or her vote and any electronic storage tapes.
See Nev. Rev. Stat. § 293.025.
3. Definition for Person
1. A natural person;
2. Any form of business or social organization;
3. Any nongovernmental legal entity, including, without limitation, a corporation, partnership, association, trust, unincorporated organization, labor union, committee for political action, political party and committee sponsored by a political party; or
4. A government, governmental agency or political subdivision of a government.
See Nev. Rev. Stat. § 294A.009.
4. Definition for Candidate
1. Who files a declaration of candidacy;
2. Who files an acceptance of candidacy;
3. Whose name appears on an official ballot at any election; or
4. Who has received one or more contributions in excess of $100, regardless of whether:
(a) The person has filed a declaration of candidacy or an acceptance of candidacy; or
(b) The name of the person appears on an official ballot at any election.
See Nev. Rev. Stat. § 294A.005.