N.R.S. 294A.0074 – “Election year” defined.
Overview of Statute
This section defines “election year.”
[Effective January 1, 2019.]
“Election year” means, with regard to a:
1. Candidate, the calendar year in which the primary election and general election are held for the public office for which the candidate is seeking election or intends to seek election.
2. Question on the ballot, the calendar year in which the election is held for the question.
(Added to NRS by 2017, 3346, effective January 1, 2019)
1. Definition for General election
The election held pursuant to NRS 293.12755.
See Nev. Rev. Stat. § 293.060.
2. Definition for Primary election
The election held pursuant to NRS 293.175.
See Nev. Rev. Stat. § 293.080.
3. Definition for Ballot
The record of a voter’s preference of candidates and questions voted upon at an election. The term includes, without limitation, any paper given to a voter upon which the voter places his or her vote and any electronic storage tapes.
See Nev. Rev. Stat. § 293.025.
4. Definition for Candidate
1. Who files a declaration of candidacy;
2. Who files an acceptance of candidacy;
3. Whose name appears on an official ballot at any election; or
4. Who has received one or more contributions in excess of $100, regardless of whether:
(a) The person has filed a declaration of candidacy or an acceptance of candidacy; or
(b) The name of the person appears on an official ballot at any election.
See Nev. Rev. Stat. § 294A.005.