N.R.S. 293D.500 - Establishment of electronic free-access system for use by covered voter to confirm receipt, acceptance and status of certain documents
Overview of Statute
This section provides for the establishment of electronic free-access system for use by a covered voter to confirm receipt, acceptance, and status of certain documents.
The Secretary of State, in coordination with local elections officials, shall establish and maintain an electronic free-access system which uses the telephone, electronic mail or the Internet so that a covered voter may determine whether:
1. The covered voter’s federal postcard application or other registration or military-overseas ballot application has been received and accepted; and
2. The covered voter’s military-overseas ballot has been received and the current status of the military-overseas ballot.
(Added to NRS by 2011, 1920)
1. Definition for Covered voter
1. A uniformed-service voter;
2. An overseas voter; or
3. A spouse or dependent of a uniformed-service voter.
See Nev. Rev. Stat. § 293D.030.
2. Definition for Local elections official
A city clerk, county clerk or registrar of voters, as applicable.
See Nev. Rev. Stat. § 293D.040.
3. Definition for Military-overseas ballot
1. A federal write-in absentee ballot described in section 103 of the Uniformed and Overseas Citizens Absentee Voting Act, 52 U.S.C. § 20303;
2. A ballot specifically prepared or distributed for use by a covered voter in accordance with this chapter; or
3. Any other ballot cast by a covered voter in accordance with this chapter.
See Nev. Rev. Stat. § 293D.050.
4. Definition for Mail
The depositing of printed or written matter in a mailbox or post office for delivery by the United States Postal Service.
See Nev. Rev. Stat. § 293.065.
5. Definition for State
A state of the United States, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, the United States Virgin Islands or any territory or insular possession subject to the jurisdiction of the United States.
See Nev. Rev. Stat. § 293D.080.
6. Definition for Ballot
The record of a voter’s preference of candidates and questions voted upon at an election. The term includes, without limitation, any paper given to a voter upon which the voter places his or her vote and any electronic storage tapes.
See Nev. Rev. Stat. § 293.025.