N.R.S. 293D.400 - Timely casting of military-overseas ballot
Overview of Statute
This section provides for the timely casting of military-overseas ballots.
A military-overseas ballot must be received by the appropriate local elections official not later than the close of the polls.
(Added to NRS by 2011, 1920)
1. Definition for Local elections official
A city clerk, county clerk or registrar of voters, as applicable.
See Nev. Rev. Stat. § 293D.040.
2. Definition for Military-overseas ballot
1. A federal write-in absentee ballot described in section 103 of the Uniformed and Overseas Citizens Absentee Voting Act, 52 U.S.C. § 20303;
2. A ballot specifically prepared or distributed for use by a covered voter in accordance with this chapter; or
3. Any other ballot cast by a covered voter in accordance with this chapter.
See Nev. Rev. Stat. § 293D.050.
3. Definition for Ballot
The record of a voter’s preference of candidates and questions voted upon at an election. The term includes, without limitation, any paper given to a voter upon which the voter places his or her vote and any electronic storage tapes.
See Nev. Rev. Stat. § 293.025.