N.R.S. 293C.520 – Designation by city clerk of building owned or leased by city as municipal facility at which electors may preregister or register to vote
Overview of Statute
This section regulates the designation of buildings as municipal facilities for the purpose of registering voters.
1. The city clerk may designate any building owned or leased by the city, or any portion of such a building, as a municipal facility at which persons may preregister to vote or electors may register to vote.
2. A municipal facility designated pursuant to subsection 1 must be operated as an auxiliary municipal facility at which preregistration and registration are carried out in addition to being carried out at the office of the city clerk.
3. If the city clerk designates a municipal facility pursuant to subsection 1, the city clerk shall determine the hours of operation for the facility and shall, in cooperation with the Secretary of State, ensure that the facility is operated, staffed and equipped in compliance with all applicable provisions of this title and all other applicable provisions of state and federal law relating to the preregistration of persons and registration of electors in this State.
1. Definition for Clerk
The election board officer designated or assigned to make the record of the election in the roster, tally list and challenge list in the precinct, district or polling place in which such officer is appointed.
See Nev. Rev. Stat. § 293.040.
2. Definition for State
A state of the United States, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, the United States Virgin Islands or any territory or insular possession subject to the jurisdiction of the United States.
See Nev. Rev. Stat. § 293D.080.
3. Definition for Person
1. A natural person;
2. Any form of business or social organization;
3. Any nongovernmental legal entity, including, without limitation, a corporation, partnership, association, trust, unincorporated organization, labor union, committee for political action, political party and committee sponsored by a political party; or
4. A government, governmental agency or political subdivision of a government.
See Nev. Rev. Stat. § 294A.009.
4. Definition for Elector
A person who is eligible to vote under the provisions of Section 1 of Article 2 of the Constitution of the State of Nevada.
See Nev. Rev. Stat. § 293.055.