N.R.S. 293.389 - Inclusion of inactive voters in reports of votes prohibited
Overview of Statute
This section prohibits the inclusion of inactive voters in reports of votes.
he Secretary of State, a board of county commissioners, a county clerk and any other person who prepares an abstract of votes or other report of votes pursuant to this chapter shall not include in that abstract or report a person designated as an inactive voter pursuant to paragraph (g) of subsection 1 of NRS 293.530 when determining the percentage of voters who have voted or the total number of voters.
1. Definition for County clerk
2. Definition for Abstract of votes
A compilation of votes cast for a particular candidate by office and precinct.
See Nev. Rev. Stat. § 293.016.
3. Definition for Clerk
The election board officer designated or assigned to make the record of the election in the roster, tally list and challenge list in the precinct, district or polling place in which such officer is appointed.
See Nev. Rev. Stat. § 293.040.
4. Definition for State
A state of the United States, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, the United States Virgin Islands or any territory or insular possession subject to the jurisdiction of the United States.
See Nev. Rev. Stat. § 293D.080.
6. Definition for Person
1. A natural person;
2. Any form of business or social organization;
3. Any nongovernmental legal entity, including, without limitation, a corporation, partnership, association, trust, unincorporated organization, labor union, committee for political action, political party and committee sponsored by a political party; or
4. A government, governmental agency or political subdivision of a government.
See Nev. Rev. Stat. § 294A.009.