N.R.S. 293.388 - Abstract of votes: Transmission to public libraries or posting upon website
Overview of Statute
This section provides for the abstract of votes to be transmitted to public libraries and posted online.
The Secretary of State, a board of county commissioners, a county clerk and any other person who prepares an abstract of votes pursuant to this chapter shall:
1. Transmit on paper or by electronic means to each public library in the jurisdiction of that person or entity; or
2. Post on a website maintained by that person or entity on the Internet or its successor, if any, a copy of each abstract that the person or entity prepares within 30 days after the abstract is prepared.
(Added to NRS by 2003, 2256)
1. Definition for County clerk
2. Definition for Abstract of votes
A compilation of votes cast for a particular candidate by office and precinct.
See Nev. Rev. Stat. § 293.016.
3. Definition for Clerk
The election board officer designated or assigned to make the record of the election in the roster, tally list and challenge list in the precinct, district or polling place in which such officer is appointed.
See Nev. Rev. Stat. § 293.040.
4. Definition for State
A state of the United States, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, the United States Virgin Islands or any territory or insular possession subject to the jurisdiction of the United States.
See Nev. Rev. Stat. § 293D.080.
6. Definition for Person
1. A natural person;
2. Any form of business or social organization;
3. Any nongovernmental legal entity, including, without limitation, a corporation, partnership, association, trust, unincorporated organization, labor union, committee for political action, political party and committee sponsored by a political party; or
4. A government, governmental agency or political subdivision of a government.
See Nev. Rev. Stat. § 294A.009.