N.R.S. 293.384 - Initial withdrawal of absent ballots from ballot boxes; verification of proper number of absent ballots; procedure for counting
Overview of Statute
This section provides for the initial withdrawal of absent ballots from ballot boxes.
1. Not earlier than 4 working days before the election, the counting board, if it is responsible for counting absent ballots, or the absent ballot central counting board shall withdraw all the ballots from each ballot box or container that holds absent ballots received before that day and ascertain that each box or container has the required number of ballots according to the county clerk’s absent voters’ record.
2. The counting board or absent ballot central counting board shall count the number of ballots in the same manner as election boards.
1. Definition for Ballot box
A box that is capable of being secured and is used to receive the voted ballots.
See Nev. Rev. Stat. § 293.026.
2. Definition for Absent voter
A registered voter who has received or who has voted an absent ballot.
See Nev. Rev. Stat. § 293.015.
3. Definition for County clerk
4. Definition for Absent ballot
A ballot voted by a person who expects to be or is absent from the polling place for his or her precinct or district on election day.
See Nev. Rev. Stat. § 293.013.
5. Definition for Election board
The persons appointed by each county or city clerk to assist in the conduct of an election.
See Nev. Rev. Stat. § 293B.027.
6. Definition for Clerk
The election board officer designated or assigned to make the record of the election in the roster, tally list and challenge list in the precinct, district or polling place in which such officer is appointed.
See Nev. Rev. Stat. § 293.040.
8. Definition for Ballot
The record of a voter’s preference of candidates and questions voted upon at an election. The term includes, without limitation, any paper given to a voter upon which the voter places his or her vote and any electronic storage tapes.
See Nev. Rev. Stat. § 293.025.