N.R.S. 293.383 - Posting of copies of result of votes cast
Overview of Statute
This section provides for posting copies of the result of votes cast.
1. Except as otherwise provided in this section, each counting board, before it adjourns, shall post a copy of the voting results in a conspicuous place on the outside of the place where the votes were counted.
2. Except as otherwise provided in subsection 3, when votes are cast on ballots which are mechanically or electronically tabulated in accordance with the provisions of chapter 293B of NRS, the county clerk shall, as soon as possible, post copies of the tabulated voting results in a conspicuous place on the outside of the counting facility or courthouse.
3. The Secretary of State shall notify each county clerk as soon as is reasonably practicable when every polling place is closed and all votes have been cast. A county clerk shall not post copies of the tabulated voting results for a statewide or multicounty race or ballot question until the county clerk has received notification from the Secretary of State that all polling places are closed and all votes have been cast.
4. Each copy of the voting results posted in accordance with subsections 1, 2 and 3 must set forth the accumulative total of all the votes cast within the county or other political subdivision conducting the election and must be signed by the members of the counting board or the computer program and processing accuracy board.
1. Definition for County clerk
2. Definition for Clerk
The election board officer designated or assigned to make the record of the election in the roster, tally list and challenge list in the precinct, district or polling place in which such officer is appointed.
See Nev. Rev. Stat. § 293.040.
3. Definition for State
A state of the United States, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, the United States Virgin Islands or any territory or insular possession subject to the jurisdiction of the United States.
See Nev. Rev. Stat. § 293D.080.
5. Definition for Ballot
The record of a voter’s preference of candidates and questions voted upon at an election. The term includes, without limitation, any paper given to a voter upon which the voter places his or her vote and any electronic storage tapes.
See Nev. Rev. Stat. § 293.025.