N.R.S. 306.005 - Informational pamphlet describing requirements of chapter; fee
Overview of Statute
This section provides for an informational pamphlet describing the requirements of recalling a public officer.
1. The Secretary of State shall prepare an informational pamphlet describing the requirements for filing and circulating a petition to recall a public officer pursuant to this chapter. The pamphlet must include:
(a) A copy of Section 9 of Article 2 of the Constitution of the State of Nevada;
(b) A copy of chapter 306 of NRS and any regulations adopted pursuant to that chapter;
(c) A copy of all other relevant provisions of NRS;
(d) A sample petition to demonstrate an acceptable format for such a petition; and
(e) Such other information as the Secretary of State deems necessary.
2. A copy of the pamphlet must be distributed to any person who requests such information upon payment of any applicable fee. The Secretary of State may charge a fee for the pamphlet which must not exceed the cost of preparing and printing the pamphlet.
(Added to NRS by 1993, 2406)
1. Definition for State
A state of the United States, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, the United States Virgin Islands or any territory or insular possession subject to the jurisdiction of the United States.
See Nev. Rev. Stat. § 293D.080.
2. Definition for Person
1. A natural person;
2. Any form of business or social organization;
3. Any nongovernmental legal entity, including, without limitation, a corporation, partnership, association, trust, unincorporated organization, labor union, committee for political action, political party and committee sponsored by a political party; or
4. A government, governmental agency or political subdivision of a government.
See Nev. Rev. Stat. § 294A.009.