N.R.S. 304.040 – Nomination of candidates; exception
Overview of Statute
This section states that candidates for Representative in Congress shall be nominated in the same manner as state officers are nominated.
(Added to NRS by 1960, 282; A 2003, 766)
1. Definition for State officer
State officer means:
1. The Governor;
2. The Lieutenant Governor;
3. The Secretary of State;
4. The State Treasurer;
5. The State Controller;
6. The Attorney General;
7. A justice of the Supreme Court;
8. A judge of the Court of Appeals;
9. A State Senator;
10. A State Assemblyman or Assemblywoman;
11. A regent of the University of Nevada;
12. A member of the State Board of Education; or
13. A district judge.
2. Definition for State
A state of the United States, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, the United States Virgin Islands or any territory or insular possession subject to the jurisdiction of the United States.
See Nev. Rev. Stat. § 293D.080.
3. Definition for Candidate
1. Who files a declaration of candidacy;
2. Who files an acceptance of candidacy;
3. Whose name appears on an official ballot at any election; or
4. Who has received one or more contributions in excess of $100, regardless of whether:
(a) The person has filed a declaration of candidacy or an acceptance of candidacy; or
(b) The name of the person appears on an official ballot at any election.
See Nev. Rev. Stat. § 294A.005.