N.R.S. 298.085 - Amended certificate of ascertainment
Overview of Statute
This section provides for an amended certificate of ascertainment.
If the presidential electors whose votes are accepted by the Secretary of State pursuant to NRS 298.075 are not the same persons indicated on the certificate of ascertainment submitted to the Archivist of the United States pursuant to 3 U.S.C. § 6, the Secretary of State shall:
1. Prepare an amended certificate of ascertainment that contains the names of persons who served as presidential electors; and
2. Communicate to the Archivist of the United States the amended certificate of ascertainment and a statement that the amended certificate is to replace the certificate of ascertainment previously submitted to the Archivist.
(Added to NRS by 2013, 1233)
1. Definition for State
A state of the United States, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, the United States Virgin Islands or any territory or insular possession subject to the jurisdiction of the United States.
See Nev. Rev. Stat. § 293D.080.
2. Definition for Person
1. A natural person;
2. Any form of business or social organization;
3. Any nongovernmental legal entity, including, without limitation, a corporation, partnership, association, trust, unincorporated organization, labor union, committee for political action, political party and committee sponsored by a political party; or
4. A government, governmental agency or political subdivision of a government.
See Nev. Rev. Stat. § 294A.009.
3. Definition for Elector
A person who is eligible to vote under the provisions of Section 1 of Article 2 of the Constitution of the State of Nevada.
See Nev. Rev. Stat. § 293.055.