N.R.S. 298.055 - Certificate of ascertainment
Overview of Statute
This section requires a certificate of ascertainment.
The certificate of ascertainment submitted to the Archivist of the United States pursuant to 3 U.S.C. § 6 must include a statement that:
1. Each nominee for presidential elector shall serve as a presidential elector unless a vacancy occurs in the position of presidential elector held by that nominee for presidential elector before the conclusion of the meeting of presidential electors held pursuant to 3 U.S.C. § 7; and
2. If a person is appointed pursuant to NRS 298.065 to fill a vacancy in a position of presidential elector, the Secretary of State will submit an amended certificate of ascertainment to the Archivist.
(Added to NRS by 2013, 1231)
1. Definition for Nominee for presidential elector
2. Definition for State
A state of the United States, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, the United States Virgin Islands or any territory or insular possession subject to the jurisdiction of the United States.
See Nev. Rev. Stat. § 293D.080.
3. Definition for Person
1. A natural person;
2. Any form of business or social organization;
3. Any nongovernmental legal entity, including, without limitation, a corporation, partnership, association, trust, unincorporated organization, labor union, committee for political action, political party and committee sponsored by a political party; or
4. A government, governmental agency or political subdivision of a government.
See Nev. Rev. Stat. § 294A.009.
4. Definition for Elector
A person who is eligible to vote under the provisions of Section 1 of Article 2 of the Constitution of the State of Nevada.
See Nev. Rev. Stat. § 293.055.