N.R.S. 294A.373 - Forms for required reports: Design by Secretary of State; limitation; copies or access through secure website; signature requirements
Overview of Statute
This section requires forms for the required reports.
1. Any report required pursuant to this chapter must be completed on the form designed and made available by the Secretary of State pursuant to this section.
2. The Secretary of State shall design forms to be used for all reports that are required to be filed pursuant to this chapter.
3. The forms designed by the Secretary of State pursuant to this section must only request information specifically required by statute.
4. The Secretary of State shall make available to each candidate, person, organization, committee or political party that is required to file a report pursuant to this chapter:
(a) If the candidate, person, committee or political party has submitted an affidavit to the Secretary of State pursuant to NRS 294A.3733 or 294A.3737, as applicable, a copy of the form; or
(b) If the candidate, person, organization, committee or political party is required to submit the report electronically to the Secretary of State, access through a secure website to the form.
5. A report filed pursuant to this chapter must be signed under an oath to God or penalty of perjury. If the candidate, person, organization, committee or political party is required to submit electronically a report described in subsection 1, the form must be signed electronically under an oath to God or penalty of perjury. A person who signs the report or form under an oath to God is subject to the same penalties as if the person had signed the form under penalty of perjury.
1. Definition for Political Party
Any minor or major political party.
See Nev. Rev. Stat. § 293.073.
2. Definition for Oath
See Nev. Rev. Stat. § 293.068.
3. Definition for State
A state of the United States, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, the United States Virgin Islands or any territory or insular possession subject to the jurisdiction of the United States.
See Nev. Rev. Stat. § 293D.080.
4. Definition for Person
1. A natural person;
2. Any form of business or social organization;
3. Any nongovernmental legal entity, including, without limitation, a corporation, partnership, association, trust, unincorporated organization, labor union, committee for political action, political party and committee sponsored by a political party; or
4. A government, governmental agency or political subdivision of a government.
See Nev. Rev. Stat. § 294A.009.
5. Definition for Candidate
1. Who files a declaration of candidacy;
2. Who files an acceptance of candidacy;
3. Whose name appears on an official ballot at any election; or
4. Who has received one or more contributions in excess of $100, regardless of whether:
(a) The person has filed a declaration of candidacy or an acceptance of candidacy; or
(b) The name of the person appears on an official ballot at any election.
See Nev. Rev. Stat. § 294A.005.