N.R.S. 294A.260 - Registered agent
Overview of Statute
This section requires a registered agent for any recall committee.
Each committee for the recall of a public officer which is organized and located outside this State shall appoint and keep in this State a registered agent, as provided in NRS 14.020, who must be a natural person residing in this State.
1. Definition for Committee for the recall of a public officer
An organization that:
1. Receives any contributions, makes any contributions to candidates or persons or makes any expenditures that are designed to affect the recall of a public officer; or
2. Files a notice of intent to circulate the petition for recall.
See Nev. Rev. Stat. § 294A.006.
2. Definition for State
A state of the United States, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, the United States Virgin Islands or any territory or insular possession subject to the jurisdiction of the United States.
See Nev. Rev. Stat. § 293D.080.
3. Definition for Person
1. A natural person;
2. Any form of business or social organization;
3. Any nongovernmental legal entity, including, without limitation, a corporation, partnership, association, trust, unincorporated organization, labor union, committee for political action, political party and committee sponsored by a political party; or
4. A government, governmental agency or political subdivision of a government.
See Nev. Rev. Stat. § 294A.009.