N.R.S. 293D.420 - Required declaration by covered voter; signature
Overview of Statute
This section requires declaration by a covered voter and a signature.
1. Each military-overseas ballot must include or be accompanied by a declaration signed by the covered voter declaring that a material misstatement of fact in completing the document may be grounds for a conviction of perjury under the laws of the United States or this State.
2. The covered voter may sign the declaration required pursuant to subsection 1 using his or her digital signature or electronic signature.
1. Definition for Covered voter
1. A uniformed-service voter;
2. An overseas voter; or
3. A spouse or dependent of a uniformed-service voter.
See Nev. Rev. Stat. § 293D.030.
2. Definition for Digital signature
An electronic signature that transforms a message by using an asymmetric cryptosystem.
See Nev. Rev. Stat. §§ 293D.033, 720.060.
3. Definition for Electronic signature
An electronic sound, symbol or process attached to or logically associated with a record and executed or adopted by a person with the intent to sign the record.
See Nev. Rev. Stat. §§ 293D.036, 719.100.
4. Definition for Military-overseas ballot
1. A federal write-in absentee ballot described in section 103 of the Uniformed and Overseas Citizens Absentee Voting Act, 52 U.S.C. § 20303;
2. A ballot specifically prepared or distributed for use by a covered voter in accordance with this chapter; or
3. Any other ballot cast by a covered voter in accordance with this chapter.
See Nev. Rev. Stat. § 293D.050.
5. Definition for State
A state of the United States, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, the United States Virgin Islands or any territory or insular possession subject to the jurisdiction of the United States.
See Nev. Rev. Stat. § 293D.080.
6. Definition for Ballot
The record of a voter’s preference of candidates and questions voted upon at an election. The term includes, without limitation, any paper given to a voter upon which the voter places his or her vote and any electronic storage tapes.
See Nev. Rev. Stat. § 293.025.