N.R.S. 293D.410 - Use of federal write-in absentee ballot
Overview of Statute
This section provides for the use of a federal write-in absentee ballot.
1. Except as otherwise provided in subsection 2, a covered voter may use the federal write-in absentee ballot, in accordance with section 103 of the Uniformed and Overseas Citizens Absentee Voting Act, 52 U.S.C. § 20303, to vote for all offices and ballot measures in an election.
2. If the covered voter indicates on the federal write-in absentee ballot that he or she is residing overseas indefinitely, the covered voter may only use the federal write-in absentee ballot to vote for federal offices.
(Added to NRS by 2011, 1920; 2017, 3345)
1. Definition for Covered voter
1. A uniformed-service voter;
2. An overseas voter; or
3. A spouse or dependent of a uniformed-service voter.
See Nev. Rev. Stat. § 293D.030.
2. Definition for Ballot
The record of a voter’s preference of candidates and questions voted upon at an election. The term includes, without limitation, any paper given to a voter upon which the voter places his or her vote and any electronic storage tapes.
See Nev. Rev. Stat. § 293.025.