N.R.S. 293D.310 - Timeliness and scope of application
Overview of Statute
This section provides the timeliness and scope of applications for military-overseas ballots.
An application for a military-overseas ballot is timely if received by the seventh day before the election. An application for a military-overseas ballot for a primary election, whether or not timely, is effective as an application for a military-overseas ballot for the general election.
(Added to NRS by 2011, 1920)
1. Definition for General election
The election held pursuant to NRS 293.12755.
See Nev. Rev. Stat. § 293.060.
2. Definition for Primary election
The election held pursuant to NRS 293.175.
See Nev. Rev. Stat. § 293.080.
3. Definition for Military-overseas ballot
1. A federal write-in absentee ballot described in section 103 of the Uniformed and Overseas Citizens Absentee Voting Act, 52 U.S.C. § 20303;
2. A ballot specifically prepared or distributed for use by a covered voter in accordance with this chapter; or
3. Any other ballot cast by a covered voter in accordance with this chapter.
See Nev. Rev. Stat. § 293D.050.
4. Definition for Ballot
The record of a voter’s preference of candidates and questions voted upon at an election. The term includes, without limitation, any paper given to a voter upon which the voter places his or her vote and any electronic storage tapes.
See Nev. Rev. Stat. § 293.025.