N.R.S. 293D.100 - Applicability to elections
Overview of Statute
This section applies the voting procedures in this chapter to every election.
The voting procedures set forth in this chapter apply to every primary election, general election or special election in which a candidate for federal office appears on the ballot.
(Added to NRS by 2011, 1917)
1. Definition for General election
The election held pursuant to NRS 293.12755.
See Nev. Rev. Stat. § 293.060.
2. Definition for Primary election
The election held pursuant to NRS 293.175.
See Nev. Rev. Stat. § 293.080.
3. Definition for Ballot
The record of a voter’s preference of candidates and questions voted upon at an election. The term includes, without limitation, any paper given to a voter upon which the voter places his or her vote and any electronic storage tapes.
See Nev. Rev. Stat. § 293.025.
4. Definition for Candidate
1. Who files a declaration of candidacy;
2. Who files an acceptance of candidacy;
3. Whose name appears on an official ballot at any election; or
4. Who has received one or more contributions in excess of $100, regardless of whether:
(a) The person has filed a declaration of candidacy or an acceptance of candidacy; or
(b) The name of the person appears on an official ballot at any election.
See Nev. Rev. Stat. § 294A.005.