N.R.S. 293D.090 - “Uniformed-service voter” defined
Overview of Statute
This section defines “uniformed-service voter.”
“Uniformed-service voter” means an elector who is:
1. A member of the active or reserve components of the Army, Navy, Air Force, Marine Corps or Coast Guard of the United States who is on active duty;
2. A member of the Merchant Marine, the Commissioned Corps of the Public Health Service or the Commissioned Corps of the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration of the United States;
3. A member of the National Guard or state militia unit who is on activated status; or
4. A spouse or dependent of a person described in subsection 1, 2 or 3.
(Added to NRS by 2011, 1917)
1. Definition for State
A state of the United States, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, the United States Virgin Islands or any territory or insular possession subject to the jurisdiction of the United States.
See Nev. Rev. Stat. § 293D.080.
2. Definition for Person
1. A natural person;
2. Any form of business or social organization;
3. Any nongovernmental legal entity, including, without limitation, a corporation, partnership, association, trust, unincorporated organization, labor union, committee for political action, political party and committee sponsored by a political party; or
4. A government, governmental agency or political subdivision of a government.
See Nev. Rev. Stat. § 294A.009.
3. Definition for Elector
A person who is eligible to vote under the provisions of Section 1 of Article 2 of the Constitution of the State of Nevada.
See Nev. Rev. Stat. § 293.055.