N.R.S. 293C.650 – Duties of absent ballot mailing precinct inspection board
Overview of Statute
This section provides the duties of the absent ballot mailing precinct inspection board.
The absent ballot mailing precinct inspection board shall:
1. Perform functions similar to those of the central ballot inspection board and the ballot duplicating board as those functions are applicable to absent and mailing ballots.
2. Bundle the empty absentee and mailing return envelopes according to ballot type or precinct and deliver the bundles to the city clerk.
3. Treat any absentee or mailing envelope found not to contain a ballot as a rejected ballot and place that envelope in a separate larger envelope on which must be written the ballot code or precinct and the reason for the rejection.
(Added to NRS by 1997, 3445)
1. Definition for Absent ballot
A ballot voted by a person who expects to be or is absent from the polling place for his or her precinct or district on election day.
See Nev. Rev. Stat. § 293.013.
2. Definition for Rejected ballot
A ballot that must not be counted because it is rejected by the election board or counting board for any reason required or authorized by this chapter.
See Nev. Rev. Stat. § 293.094.
3. Definition for Mail
The depositing of printed or written matter in a mailbox or post office for delivery by the United States Postal Service.
See Nev. Rev. Stat. § 293.065.
4. Definition for Clerk
The election board officer designated or assigned to make the record of the election in the roster, tally list and challenge list in the precinct, district or polling place in which such officer is appointed.
See Nev. Rev. Stat. § 293.040.
5. Definition for Board
As used in NRS 295.075 to 295.125, inclusive, unless the context otherwise requires, “board” means the board of county commissioners.
See Nev. Rev. Stat. § 295.075.
6. Definition for Ballot
The record of a voter’s preference of candidates and questions voted upon at an election. The term includes, without limitation, any paper given to a voter upon which the voter places his or her vote and any electronic storage tapes.
See Nev. Rev. Stat. § 293.025.
7. Definition for Precinct
The smallest voting area in a political subdivision.
See Nev. Rev. Stat. § 293.077.