N.R.S. 293C.635 – Procedure for delivery of ballots and election materials to receiving center or central counting place; disposition of other materials; members of general public allowed to observe delivery
Overview of Statute
This section provides instructions for the transportation of ballots, supplies, and election materials to to destinations designated by the city clerk.
1. At least two members of the election board shall deliver the sealed container to a receiving center or to the central counting place, as directed by the city clerk.
2. The members of the election board described in subsection 1 shall provide for the transportation or other disposition of all other supplies and election materials as directed by the city clerk.
3. Any member of the general public may observe the delivery of a sealed container to a receiving center or to the central counting place if he or she does not interfere with the delivery of the sealed container.
(Added to NRS by 1997, 3444; A 2015, 3177)
1. Definition for Election board
The persons appointed by each county or city clerk to assist in the conduct of an election.
See Nev. Rev. Stat. § 293B.027.
2. Definition for Central counting place
The location designated by the county or city clerk for the compilation of election returns.
See Nev. Rev. Stat. § 293.0335.
3. Definition for Clerk
The election board officer designated or assigned to make the record of the election in the roster, tally list and challenge list in the precinct, district or polling place in which such officer is appointed.
See Nev. Rev. Stat. § 293.040.
4. Definition for Board
As used in NRS 295.075 to 295.125, inclusive, unless the context otherwise requires, “board” means the board of county commissioners.
See Nev. Rev. Stat. § 295.075.