N.R.S. 293C.532 – Persons entitled to vote; authority of governing body of city to provide supplemental registration
Overview of Statute
This section allows for a supplemental voter registration, and entitles any city resident that is registered to vote to cast a vote in all city elections.
1. Each person who resides within the boundaries of the city at the time of the holding of any city election, and whose name appears upon the statewide voter registration list as a registered voter of the city, is entitled to vote at each special election, primary city election and general city election, and for all officers to be voted for and on all questions submitted to the people at those elections except as otherwise provided in chapter 266 of NRS.
2. The governing body of a city may provide for a supplemental registration.
1. Definition for Registered voter
An elector who has completed the procedure prescribed by law for registration as a voter.
See Nev. Rev. Stat. § 293.090.
4. Definition for Statewide voter registration list
The list of registered voters established and maintained pursuant to NRS 293.675.
See Nev. Rev. Stat. § 293.111.
5. Definition for State
A state of the United States, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, the United States Virgin Islands or any territory or insular possession subject to the jurisdiction of the United States.
See Nev. Rev. Stat. § 293D.080.
6. Definition for Person
1. A natural person;
2. Any form of business or social organization;
3. Any nongovernmental legal entity, including, without limitation, a corporation, partnership, association, trust, unincorporated organization, labor union, committee for political action, political party and committee sponsored by a political party; or
4. A government, governmental agency or political subdivision of a government.
See Nev. Rev. Stat. § 294A.009.