N.R.S. 293C.3576 – Schedule of locations and times for early voting
Overview of Statute
This section provides requirements for posting and publicizing when and where early voting will be conducted.
1. The city clerk shall publish during the week before the period for early voting and at least once each week during the period for early voting in a newspaper of general circulation a schedule stating:
(a) The location of each permanent and temporary polling place for early voting.
(b) The dates and hours that early voting will be conducted at each location.
2. The city clerk shall post a copy of the schedule on the bulletin board used for posting notice of the meetings of the city council. The schedule must be posted continuously for a period beginning not later than the fifth day before the first day of the period for early voting by personal appearance and ending on the last day of that period.
3. The city clerk shall make copies of the schedule available to the public in reasonable quantities without charge during the period of posting.
4. No additional polling places for early voting may be established after the schedule is published pursuant to this section.
5. The hours that early voting will be conducted at each polling place for early voting may be extended at the discretion of the city clerk after the schedule is published pursuant to this section.
1. Definition for Clerk
The election board officer designated or assigned to make the record of the election in the roster, tally list and challenge list in the precinct, district or polling place in which such officer is appointed.
See Nev. Rev. Stat. § 293.040.
3. Definition for Person
1. A natural person;
2. Any form of business or social organization;
3. Any nongovernmental legal entity, including, without limitation, a corporation, partnership, association, trust, unincorporated organization, labor union, committee for political action, political party and committee sponsored by a political party; or
4. A government, governmental agency or political subdivision of a government.
See Nev. Rev. Stat. § 294A.009.