N.R.S. 293C.356 – Issuance of ballots; voting booth for use by persons issued ballots
Overview of Statute
This section provides requirements and procedures for the city clerk when facilitating in person early voting.
1. If a request is made to vote early by a registered voter in person, the city clerk shall issue a ballot for early voting to the voter. Such a ballot must be voted on the premises of the clerk’s office and returned to the clerk.
2. On the dates for early voting prescribed in NRS 293C.3568, each city clerk shall provide a voting booth, with suitable equipment for voting, on the premises of the city clerk’s office for use by registered voters who are issued ballots for early voting in accordance with this section.
1. Definition for Registered voter
An elector who has completed the procedure prescribed by law for registration as a voter.
See Nev. Rev. Stat. § 293.090.
2. Definition for Clerk
The election board officer designated or assigned to make the record of the election in the roster, tally list and challenge list in the precinct, district or polling place in which such officer is appointed.
See Nev. Rev. Stat. § 293.040.
3. Definition for Ballot
The record of a voter’s preference of candidates and questions voted upon at an election. The term includes, without limitation, any paper given to a voter upon which the voter places his or her vote and any electronic storage tapes.
See Nev. Rev. Stat. § 293.025.
4. Definition for Person
1. A natural person;
2. Any form of business or social organization;
3. Any nongovernmental legal entity, including, without limitation, a corporation, partnership, association, trust, unincorporated organization, labor union, committee for political action, political party and committee sponsored by a political party; or
4. A government, governmental agency or political subdivision of a government.
See Nev. Rev. Stat. § 294A.009.