N.R.S. 293C.340 – Duty of city clerk to provide ballot box for each ballot listing if absent ballot central counting board appointed; deposit of voted ballots
Overview of Statute
This section requires that the city clerk provide a ballot box for each different ballot listing in the city in cities in which an absent ballot central counting board is appointed and provides guidelines for doing so.
1. In cities in which an absent ballot central counting board is appointed, the city clerk shall provide a ballot box in the city clerk’s office for each different ballot listing in the city.
2. On each box there must appear a statement indicating the precincts and district for which the box has been designated.
3. Except as otherwise provided in NRS 293D.200, each absent ballot voted must be deposited in a ballot box according to the precinct or district of the absent voter voting that ballot.
(Added to NRS by 1997, 3434; A 2013, 33)
1. Definition for Ballot box
A box that is capable of being secured and is used to receive the voted ballots.
See Nev. Rev. Stat. § 293.026.
2. Definition for Absent voter
A registered voter who has received or who has voted an absent ballot.
See Nev. Rev. Stat. § 293.015.
3. Definition for Absent ballot
A ballot voted by a person who expects to be or is absent from the polling place for his or her precinct or district on election day.
See Nev. Rev. Stat. § 293.013.
4. Definition for Ballot listing
The list of the names of candidates as they appear on the ballot.
See Nev. Rev. Stat. § 293.030.
5. Definition for Clerk
The election board officer designated or assigned to make the record of the election in the roster, tally list and challenge list in the precinct, district or polling place in which such officer is appointed.
See Nev. Rev. Stat. § 293.040.
6. Definition for State
A state of the United States, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, the United States Virgin Islands or any territory or insular possession subject to the jurisdiction of the United States.
See Nev. Rev. Stat. § 293D.080.
7. Definition for Board
As used in NRS 295.075 to 295.125, inclusive, unless the context otherwise requires, “board” means the board of county commissioners.
See Nev. Rev. Stat. § 295.075.
8. Definition for Ballot
The record of a voter’s preference of candidates and questions voted upon at an election. The term includes, without limitation, any paper given to a voter upon which the voter places his or her vote and any electronic storage tapes.
See Nev. Rev. Stat. § 293.025.
9. Definition for Precinct
The smallest voting area in a political subdivision.
See Nev. Rev. Stat. § 293.077.