N.R.S. 293C.320 – City clerk to determine if person requesting absent ballot is registered voter
Overview of Statute
This section tasks the city clerk with determining if a person requesting an absent ballot is a registered voter.
The city clerk shall determine before issuing an absent ballot that the person who requested the absent ballot is a registered voter in the proper city.
1. Definition for Absent ballot
A ballot voted by a person who expects to be or is absent from the polling place for his or her precinct or district on election day.
See Nev. Rev. Stat. § 293.013.
2. Definition for Registered voter
An elector who has completed the procedure prescribed by law for registration as a voter.
See Nev. Rev. Stat. § 293.090.
3. Definition for Clerk
The election board officer designated or assigned to make the record of the election in the roster, tally list and challenge list in the precinct, district or polling place in which such officer is appointed.
See Nev. Rev. Stat. § 293.040.
4. Definition for Ballot
The record of a voter’s preference of candidates and questions voted upon at an election. The term includes, without limitation, any paper given to a voter upon which the voter places his or her vote and any electronic storage tapes.
See Nev. Rev. Stat. § 293.025.
5. Definition for Person
1. A natural person;
2. Any form of business or social organization;
3. Any nongovernmental legal entity, including, without limitation, a corporation, partnership, association, trust, unincorporated organization, labor union, committee for political action, political party and committee sponsored by a political party; or
4. A government, governmental agency or political subdivision of a government.
See Nev. Rev. Stat. § 294A.009.