N.R.S. 293C.293 – Notice of result of challenge
Overview of Statute
This section requires the city clerk to notify those persons who initiated a challenge the result of said challenge.
1. As soon as practicable, but in no case later than 21 calendar days after each election, the city clerk shall mail a notice to each person who is listed on the challenge list as a registered voter who initiated a challenge pursuant to NRS 293C.292.
2. The notice mailed pursuant to subsection 1 must indicate:
(a) The name of the person who was challenged, if known; and
(b) The result of the challenge.
(Added to NRS by 2001, 1951)
1. Definition for Challenge list
A form furnished election board officers to be used in making a record of all challenges.
See Nev. Rev. Stat. § 293.035.
2. Definition for Registered voter
An elector who has completed the procedure prescribed by law for registration as a voter.
See Nev. Rev. Stat. § 293.090.
3. Definition for Mail
The depositing of printed or written matter in a mailbox or post office for delivery by the United States Postal Service.
See Nev. Rev. Stat. § 293.065.
4. Definition for Clerk
The election board officer designated or assigned to make the record of the election in the roster, tally list and challenge list in the precinct, district or polling place in which such officer is appointed.
See Nev. Rev. Stat. § 293.040.
5. Definition for Person
1. A natural person;
2. Any form of business or social organization;
3. Any nongovernmental legal entity, including, without limitation, a corporation, partnership, association, trust, unincorporated organization, labor union, committee for political action, political party and committee sponsored by a political party; or
4. A government, governmental agency or political subdivision of a government.
See Nev. Rev. Stat. § 294A.009.