N.R.S. 293B.265 – Uninstructed members not to serve; exception
Overview of Statute
This section provides requirements for a member of an election board serving in an election.
1. A member of an election board shall not serve in any election at which a mechanical voting system is used unless the member has received instruction and is fully qualified to perform his or her duties in connection with the system.
2. NRS 293B.220 to 293B.283, inclusive, do not prevent the appointment and service of a member of an election board to fill a vacancy in an emergency.
(Added to NRS by 1975, 1527, 1528; A 1985, 1104; 2003, 1658)
1. Definition for Election board
The persons appointed by each county or city clerk to assist in the conduct of an election.
See Nev. Rev. Stat. § 293B.027.
2. Definition for Mechanical voting system
A system of voting whereby a voter may cast a vote:
1. On a device which mechanically or electronically compiles a total of the number of votes cast for each candidate and for or against each measure voted on; or
2. By marking a paper ballot which is subsequently counted on an electronic tabulator, counting device or computer.
See Nev. Rev. Stat. § 293.0659.
3. Definition for Board
As used in NRS 295.075 to 295.125, inclusive, unless the context otherwise requires, “board” means the board of county commissioners.
See Nev. Rev. Stat. § 295.075.