N.R.S. 293B.205 – Sample ballots: Availability at polling place; form
Overview of Statute
This section sets out requirements for displaying sample ballots at polling places.
The officers charged with the duty of providing ballots for any polling place shall provide the polling place with two sample ballots, which must be arranged in the form of:
1. A booklet or full sheet of paper printed to display a facsimile of the page or several pages which constitute the list of offices and candidates and the statements of measures to be voted on which will be in use at that election; or
2. A diagram showing that part of the face of the mechanical recording device which will be used at that election containing the list of offices and candidates and the statements of measures to be voted on.
(Added to NRS by 1975, 1524; A 1985, 1102; 1987, 111; 1989, 399; 1997, 765)
1. Definition for Sample ballot
1. “Sample ballot” means a document distributed by a county or city clerk upon which is included a list of the offices, candidates and ballot questions that will appear on a ballot.
2. The term includes, without limitation, any such document which is prepared on a computer and distributed by mail or electronic means pursuant to NRS 293.565 or 293C.530.
See Nev. Rev. Stat. § 293.097.
2. Definition for Mechanical recording device
A device which mechanically or electronically compiles a total of the number of votes cast for each candidate and for or against each measure voted on.
See Nev. Rev. Stat. § 293.0657.
3. Definition for State
A state of the United States, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, the United States Virgin Islands or any territory or insular possession subject to the jurisdiction of the United States.
See Nev. Rev. Stat. § 293D.080.
4. Definition for Ballot
The record of a voter’s preference of candidates and questions voted upon at an election. The term includes, without limitation, any paper given to a voter upon which the voter places his or her vote and any electronic storage tapes.
See Nev. Rev. Stat. § 293.025.
5. Definition for Candidate
1. Who files a declaration of candidacy;
2. Who files an acceptance of candidacy;
3. Whose name appears on an official ballot at any election; or
4. Who has received one or more contributions in excess of $100, regardless of whether:
(a) The person has filed a declaration of candidacy or an acceptance of candidacy; or
(b) The name of the person appears on an official ballot at any election.
See Nev. Rev. Stat. § 294A.005.