N.R.S. 293.775 - Voting by person who knows he or she is not qualified elector; voting using name of another person
Overview of Statute
This section prohibits voting by a person who knows he or she is not a qualified elector.
1. A person who is not a qualified elector and who votes or attempts to vote knowing that he or she is not a qualified elector is guilty of a category D felony and shall be punished as provided in NRS 193.130.
2. A person who votes or attempts to vote using the name of another person is guilty of a category D felony and shall be punished as provided in NRS 193.130.
(Added to NRS by 2013, 2370)
1. Definition for Person
1. A natural person;
2. Any form of business or social organization;
3. Any nongovernmental legal entity, including, without limitation, a corporation, partnership, association, trust, unincorporated organization, labor union, committee for political action, political party and committee sponsored by a political party; or
4. A government, governmental agency or political subdivision of a government.
See Nev. Rev. Stat. § 294A.009.
2. Definition for Elector
A person who is eligible to vote under the provisions of Section 1 of Article 2 of the Constitution of the State of Nevada.
See Nev. Rev. Stat. § 293.055.