N.R.S. 293.486 - Determination of actual residence
Overview of Statute
This section provides the determination of the address where a voter actually resides.
1. Except as otherwise provided in subsection 2, for the purposes of preregistering or registering to vote, the address at which the person actually resides is the street address assigned to the location at which the person actually resides.
2. For the purposes of preregistering or registering to vote, if the person does not reside at a location that has been assigned a street address, the address at which the person actually resides is a description of the location at which the person actually resides. The description must identify the location with sufficient specificity to allow the county clerk to assign the location to a precinct.
3. The provisions of this section do not authorize a person to preregister or register to vote if the person is not otherwise eligible to preregister or register to vote, as applicable.
1. Definition for County clerk
2. Definition for Clerk
The election board officer designated or assigned to make the record of the election in the roster, tally list and challenge list in the precinct, district or polling place in which such officer is appointed.
See Nev. Rev. Stat. § 293.040.
3. Definition for Person
1. A natural person;
2. Any form of business or social organization;
3. Any nongovernmental legal entity, including, without limitation, a corporation, partnership, association, trust, unincorporated organization, labor union, committee for political action, political party and committee sponsored by a political party; or
4. A government, governmental agency or political subdivision of a government.
See Nev. Rev. Stat. § 294A.009.
4. Definition for Precinct
The smallest voting area in a political subdivision.
See Nev. Rev. Stat. § 293.077.