N.R.S. 293.373 - Duties of officers of counting board after ballots counted if paper ballots used
Overview of Statute
This section provides for the duties of officers of the counting board after ballots are counted if paper ballots are used.
If paper ballots are used:
1. After the ballots have been counted, the voted ballots, rejected ballots, tally lists for regular ballots, tally list for rejected ballots, challenge list, stubs of used ballots, spoiled ballots and unused ballots must be sealed under cover by the counting board officers and addressed to the county clerk.
2. The rosters and tally lists must be returned to the county clerk.
1. Definition for Tally list
1. The paper form furnished to election board officers to be used in recording the number of votes cast for each candidate and question on the ballot; or
2. An electronically generated report of the number of votes cast for each candidate and question on the ballot.
See Nev. Rev. Stat. § 293.113.
2. Definition for County clerk
3. Definition for Challenge list
A form furnished election board officers to be used in making a record of all challenges.
See Nev. Rev. Stat. § 293.035.
4. Definition for Spoiled ballot
A ballot defaced by a voter and exchanged for a new one.
See Nev. Rev. Stat. § 293.107.
5. Definition for Rejected ballot
A ballot that must not be counted because it is rejected by the election board or counting board for any reason required or authorized by this chapter.
See Nev. Rev. Stat. § 293.094.
6. Definition for Clerk
The election board officer designated or assigned to make the record of the election in the roster, tally list and challenge list in the precinct, district or polling place in which such officer is appointed.
See Nev. Rev. Stat. § 293.040.
8. Definition for Ballot
The record of a voter’s preference of candidates and questions voted upon at an election. The term includes, without limitation, any paper given to a voter upon which the voter places his or her vote and any electronic storage tapes.
See Nev. Rev. Stat. § 293.025.
9. Definition for Roster
The record in printed or electronic form furnished to election board officers which contains a list of eligible voters and is to be used for obtaining the signature of each person applying for a ballot.
See Nev. Rev. Stat. § 293.095.