N.R.S. 293.3086 - Free access system to provide information to voter casting provisional ballot
Overview of Statute
This section provides for free access to a system to provide information to voters casting provisional ballots.
1. The Secretary of State shall establish a free access system such as a toll-free telephone number or an Internet website to inform a person who cast a provisional ballot whether the person’s vote was counted and, if the vote was not counted, the reason why the vote was not counted.
2. The free access system must ensure secrecy of the ballot while protecting the confidentiality and integrity of personal information contained therein.
3. Access to information concerning a provisional ballot must be restricted to the person who cast the provisional ballot.
(Added to NRS by 2003, 2172)
2. Definition for State
A state of the United States, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, the United States Virgin Islands or any territory or insular possession subject to the jurisdiction of the United States.
See Nev. Rev. Stat. § 293D.080.
3. Definition for Ballot
The record of a voter’s preference of candidates and questions voted upon at an election. The term includes, without limitation, any paper given to a voter upon which the voter places his or her vote and any electronic storage tapes.
See Nev. Rev. Stat. § 293.025.
4. Definition for Person
1. A natural person;
2. Any form of business or social organization;
3. Any nongovernmental legal entity, including, without limitation, a corporation, partnership, association, trust, unincorporated organization, labor union, committee for political action, political party and committee sponsored by a political party; or
4. A government, governmental agency or political subdivision of a government.
See Nev. Rev. Stat. § 294A.009.
Regulations & Guidance
Free access system, NAC 293.280.