N.R.S. 293.3084 - County and city clerks to establish certain procedures relating to provisional ballots
Overview of Statute
This section provides county and city clerks to establish certain procedures relation to provisional ballots.
Each county and city clerk shall establish procedures to:
1. Keep each provisional ballot cast pursuant to NRS 293.3081 or 293.3083 separate from other ballots until it has been determined whether or not the voter was registered and eligible to vote in the election in that jurisdiction;
2. Keep each provisional ballot cast pursuant to subsection 3 of NRS 293.3081 separate from all other provisional ballots; and
3. Inform a person whose name does not appear on a voter registration list as an eligible voter for a polling place or who an election official asserts is not eligible to vote at the polling place of the ability of the person to cast a provisional ballot.
(Added to NRS by 2003, 2172)
2. Definition for Clerk
The election board officer designated or assigned to make the record of the election in the roster, tally list and challenge list in the precinct, district or polling place in which such officer is appointed.
See Nev. Rev. Stat. § 293.040.
3. Definition for Ballot
The record of a voter’s preference of candidates and questions voted upon at an election. The term includes, without limitation, any paper given to a voter upon which the voter places his or her vote and any electronic storage tapes.
See Nev. Rev. Stat. § 293.025.
4. Definition for Person
1. A natural person;
2. Any form of business or social organization;
3. Any nongovernmental legal entity, including, without limitation, a corporation, partnership, association, trust, unincorporated organization, labor union, committee for political action, political party and committee sponsored by a political party; or
4. A government, governmental agency or political subdivision of a government.
See Nev. Rev. Stat. § 294A.009.