N.R.S. 293.3083 - Casting of ballot by mail to vote for candidate for federal office; treatment as provisional ballot under certain circumstances
Overview of Statute
This section provides for the casting mail ballots treated as provisional ballots.
A person may cast a ballot by mail, which must be treated as a provisional ballot by the county or city clerk if the person:
1. Applies by mail or computer to register to vote and has not previously voted in an election for federal office in this State;
2. Fails to provide the identification required pursuant to paragraph (b) of subsection 1 of NRS 293.2725 to the county or city clerk at the time that the person mails the ballot; and
3. Completes the written affirmation set forth in subsection 1 of NRS 293.3082.
2. Definition for Mail
The depositing of printed or written matter in a mailbox or post office for delivery by the United States Postal Service.
See Nev. Rev. Stat. § 293.065.
3. Definition for Clerk
The election board officer designated or assigned to make the record of the election in the roster, tally list and challenge list in the precinct, district or polling place in which such officer is appointed.
See Nev. Rev. Stat. § 293.040.
4. Definition for State
A state of the United States, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, the United States Virgin Islands or any territory or insular possession subject to the jurisdiction of the United States.
See Nev. Rev. Stat. § 293D.080.
5. Definition for Ballot
The record of a voter’s preference of candidates and questions voted upon at an election. The term includes, without limitation, any paper given to a voter upon which the voter places his or her vote and any electronic storage tapes.
See Nev. Rev. Stat. § 293.025.
6. Definition for Person
1. A natural person;
2. Any form of business or social organization;
3. Any nongovernmental legal entity, including, without limitation, a corporation, partnership, association, trust, unincorporated organization, labor union, committee for political action, political party and committee sponsored by a political party; or
4. A government, governmental agency or political subdivision of a government.
See Nev. Rev. Stat. § 294A.009.